This is a very yummy, smokey alternative to regular guacamole. Perfect for bbq’s and parties, or just regular snacking. Enjoy.
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced into chunks (optional)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from one lime
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ to ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 slices crispy bacon, chopped
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a large fork or spoon. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
To store, transfer guacamole in an airtight container. Keep an avocado seed inside of the guacamole and press a layer of saran wrap directly on top to keep it from oxidizing (turning brown). Finally, cover with an additional layer of saran wrap and eat within 2 days max.
copyright CarnalDish 2012